Neither cold snow nor heavy rain nor summer’s heat keeps our Holy Cross students from the thorough and pleasant completion of their guided tours of Mt. St. James!
Throughout the year, our office greets visitors from all over the world. We are so lucky to have a great group of dedicated students who make the time to meet with our guests and take them around campus. Not to brag, but I believe that our tour guides are especially eloquent, thoughtful, and enthusiastic people. They offer prospective students a glimpse into the special Holy Cross student experience and show visitors campus through their interesting perspective–we are incredibly grateful for them!
Giving tours on humid July afternoons or on chilly January mornings is not always the easiest job, but it is one for which we receive so much positive feedback. To show our appreciation for all of our tour guides, our tour guide coordinator, Laura Boyle, arranges all kinds of special treats. This summer she hosted a breakfast-for-lunch feast!
As I walked to work this morning, I noticed that the sky seemed a different shade of blue. I also noticed a slight chill in the air, and I saw more people walking around campus than I had in weeks past. It finally feels like fall: another new school year and another admissions cycle! It has been an incredibly busy time for all of us in admissions at Fenwick Hall, as we prepare for the arrival of the Class of 2020 and switch gears to focus on the Class of 2021. I for one am very excited to jump into the recruitment season, so I wanted to give you a preview of what’s to come:
– Perspectives: From Saturday, November 5th through Monday, November 7th we are hosting prospective students on campus for our annual Perspectives Program! This opportunity is open to culturally aware high school seniors, and it’s a great way to learn more about the Holy Cross student experience. We plan all kinds of fun activities for participants as well as provide room and board, free of charge to participants. The last day to apply is Monday, September 26th at 5PM EST. Please click on this link for the online application.
– Travel: Throughout the months of September and October, admissions representatives from Holy Cross will be travelling all over the country to visit high schools and attend college fairs. We seek to share information about what makes Holy Cross special, as well as meet prospective students in their home areas! Please stay tuned for our office travel schedule, which will be made available on the site over the coming weeks.
– Open House: Two Sundays in the fall (October 2nd and November 6th), we invite prospective students and their families to visit campus and explore all that the College of the Holy Cross has to offer. Guests may preregister by clicking on this link or sign up the day of the event. We provide a light breakfast and lunch, as well as tours, info sessions, panels, and more!
– Day Visits: High school seniors will be matched with a current Holy Cross student host and have the chance to shadow him/her to see what’s it’s like to be a Crusader! Students may request a day visit by clicking here.
– Interviews: As we discuss in the blog, we highly encourage prospective students to interview with Holy Cross. Thus we offer opportunities both on- and off-campus for high school seniors to meet with us and share their high school experiences. To arrange for an on-campus interview, please call the Admissions Office at least two weeks in advance at 800-442-2421; we look forward to meeting you!
– For students who cannot make it to campus, please visit the alumni interview request form to request an alumni interview. Requests for alumni interviews are accepted until Dec. 1.
– For students who would like to attend one of our alumni interview night programs, please visit the off-campus interview request form to request an interview and see this year’s dates.
Of course, please do follow us on Twitter and Facebook with more updates about these and other events. Happy Fall!